The Guild can be contacted by email at email@example.com
1. Collection of Personal Information from Users
When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect information from you as described below.
a. Information You Provide
b. Sensitive Information
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide the foregoing information, we will only do so with your express consent, in accordance with applicable data protection law requirements. Where you provide us with such information without request from us, we reserve the right (but do not have any obligation) to erase any such information at our discretion.
c. Information About Minors
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information online from persons under the age of 16. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children to ensure that no information is collected from a child without verifiable parental permission. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our discretion, and will delete any information we have collected from children upon the request of the child’s parent.
d. Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices
As you navigate the Site, certain Personal Information may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following techniques in the following ways:
IP Addresses: An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Site, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Site.
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
i. to respond to your inquiries and to send you information that you request and to process your donations and purchases;
ii. to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and other administrative information;
iii. to notify you about upcoming events and donations;
iv. to promote our products and services, and the products and services of our affiliates;
v. for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, recordkeeping, developing new products or services, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying Site usage trends, optimizing your experience on the Site, and determining the effectiveness of our fundraising campaigns;
vi. if you choose to complete a survey, we may use the information for purposes of evaluating your feedback from the survey; and
vi. if we intend to collect and use Personal Information for another purpose, we may seek your permission at the time the information is collected.
We may use any information that does not personally identify you, your computer, or your device, for any purpose.
3. Our Disclosure of Your Information.
ii. to the companies or individuals that we hire to provide services to us, such as website hosting services and payment processing; and
ii. to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4. Uses and Disclosures to Comply with Laws.
In addition, we use and disclose Personal Information collected through the Site as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
5. Links to Third Party Sites.
6. Where Your Information is Processed.
We are based in the United States. Regardless of where you are located, your Personal Information will be collected and processed in the United States. The laws of the United States and other countries governing data protection may not be as comprehensive or as protective as the laws in the country where you live.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the information collected and provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, you should understand that no transmission over the Internet is ever fully secure. Also, we uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. We will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
8. Data Retention
9. Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Information.
The laws in some countries require us to tell you about the lawful grounds we rely on to collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process your Personal Information. To the extent those laws apply, our lawful bases for processing your Personal Information is in support of our legitimate interests, where those interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms. In many cases, we handle Personal Information because it furthers our legitimate business and charitable interests. This includes:
Providing a safe user experience on our Site;
Sending communications to you to let you know about what we are doing with your donations and to solicit additional donations;
Protecting users, our workers, and our property;
Analyzing and improving our operations (e.g., optimizing the design and operation of our Site); and
Managing legal issues.
10. Your Data Rights and Choices.
You can opt-out of the use of certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions in Section 1(e)above (Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices).
If you are within the European Union, you have the following rights:
You have the right to request from us access to your personal data, and the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
You have the right to obtain from us the erasure or the restriction of processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, including when the data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, except when we are required by law to maintain or otherwise process your personal data, for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or for the protection of the rights of another person.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact information provided above.
If you are within the European Union, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of an alleged infringement of the applicable data protection law. However, we encourage you to contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to resolve your concerns.
If you would like to submit a data access, correction, restriction, or deletion request, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com and we will process such request with respect to any Personal Information that we are able to link to you individually based on the information that you can provide to us. These rights and options that you have with respect to Personal Information are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law.
12. Contacting Us.
For questions about this Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about privacy or handling of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
To contact us by mail, please address all correspondence to:
Greenburgh Library Guild
300 Tarrytown Road
Elmsford, NY 10523
Adopted by the Board of Directors on March 12, 2019
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to the Greenburgh Library Guild website, operated by The Greenburgh Library Guild, Inc. (sometimes referred to as the “Guild,” “us,” or “we”) and located at greenburghlibraryguild.org (the "Site"). The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your use of this Site. By accessing, viewing, or using the content, material, or services available on or through this Site, you indicate that you have read and understand these Terms, that you agree to them and intend to be legally bound by them. If you do not agree to these Terms you are not granted permission to use this Site and must exit immediately.
1. Informational Purposes Only. The information on this Site is for informational purposes only. Without limiting anything else in these Terms or otherwise, the Guild is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the Site or Site Materials, as defined in Section 2 of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Proprietary Rights. As between you and the Guild, the Guild owns or licenses all data, content, graphics, forms, artwork, images, photographs, functional components, and any software concepts and documentation and other material on, in, or made available through the Site (“Site Materials”), as well as the selection, coordination, arrangement, organization, and enhancement of the Site Materials. All Site Materials are protected pursuant to copyright, trademark, patent, and other applicable laws. You agree not to remove or alter any copyright notice or any other proprietary notice on any Site Materials. As between any user and the Guild, all names, trademarks, service marks, certification marks, symbols, slogans, or logos appearing on the Site are proprietary to the Guild. Use or misuse of these trademarks is expressly prohibited and may violate federal and state trademark law. Under no circumstances will you have any rights of any kind in or to the Site Materials, other than the right to use the Site Materials in accordance with these Terms.
3. Unauthorized Activities. You agree that you will not use the Site for (a) any illegal or unauthorized purposes that violate any local, national, or international laws (including but not limited to import, export, copyright, and trademark laws); (b) modifying, copying, distributing, displaying, performing, reproducing, publishing, licensing, creating derivative works from, transferring, or selling any of the Site Materials, unless otherwise authorized by these Terms or in a separate written agreement with the Guild; (c) attempting to gain unauthorized access to the Guild’s computer system or engaging in any activity that interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Site or any services provided through the Site; or (d) removing, circumventing, disabling, damaging, or otherwise interfering in any way with any security-related features of the Site. You may use the Site and the Site Materials consistently with these Terms. Any other use of the Site or Site Materials, including but not limited to the aforementioned unauthorized uses, without prior written permission of the Guild, is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge and agree that the unauthorized use of the Site or the Site Materials could cause irreparable harm to the Guild and that in the event of such unauthorized use, the Guild shall be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity, without the requirement to post a bond or any other security.
4. Third Party Web Sites and Content. The Site is available for informational purposes only. The Site may contain links to other Internet Web sites for the convenience of users in locating information, products, or services that may be of interest. Use of such third-party links, the Site and the Site Materials and any other material or content on and made available through the Site is entirely at your own risk. the Guild does not recommend and expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on third party sites or the transactions you conduct or enter into with third parties. Your use of any third party’s website is at your own risk, and subject to the terms and conditions of such other websites. The Guild does not endorse any product, service, or treatment provided on a third-party website or advertised or provided on the Site.
6. Disclaimer. The Guild is not responsible for and does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any Site Materials, products, data, services, links, advertisements or other items contained within the Site. The Guild reserves the right to immediately remove any Site Materials for any reason or for no reason. The Guild cannot and does not review all communications or products made available on or through the Site, but, although not obligated to, may review, verify, make changes to or remove any Site Materials, the Site, or the products or services made available in connection with the Site, including information submitted in connection with the Site Materials or other features at any time, with or without notice, in its sole discretion. The Guild does not warrant that the Site will function uninterrupted, securely, or be available at any time or location, that any errors or defects will be corrected, that the Site is free from virus or other harmful components, or that the results of using the Site will meet your requirements. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of Site Materials and that you may not rely on such Site Materials.
THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS.” USE OF THE SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE GUILD AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, AND DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, NON-INTERFERENCE, QUALITY, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND EFFORT WITH REGARD TO THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, IS WITH YOU.
7. Limitation of Liability. THE GUILD AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR LOST PROFITS, WHICH MAY OR DOES RESULT FROM THE USE OF, ACCESS TO, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA, AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU OR THE GUILD HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR PROBABILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF THE REMEDIES OTHERWISE AVAILABLE FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE GUILD AND ITS LICENSORS TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY IN CONNECTION WITH, BASED UPON, OR ARISING FROM THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, OR THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA OR OTHER MATERIALS OFFERED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU DURING THE PRECEDING YEAR FOR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE GUILD AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10). If you are dissatisfied with the Site or with any of these Terms, or feel the Guild has breached these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
8. Indemnification. You shall indemnify the Guild and its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, and licensors (the “Guild Indemnitees”) against all claims, actions, suits, and other proceedings (“Claims”) arising out of or incurred in connection with the Site and your use of the Site, the Site Materials or any services, product, or data obtained through the Site, your fraud, violation of law, negligence, willful misconduct, or any other use of the Site, the Site Materials, the services, products, information, and other materials on, in and made available through the Site, except to the extent attributable to the Guild, or any breach by you of these Terms and shall indemnify and hold the Guild Indemnitees harmless from and against all judgments, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and attorneys’ disbursements) arising out of or incurred in connection with such Claims. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of the Guild. The Guild or its licensors may assume the defense of any Claim, at your sole cost and expense, and you shall cooperate in all reasonable respects in such defense. You shall have the right to employ separate counsel in any Claim and to participate in the defense thereof. If the Guild or its licensors do not notify you that it elects to undertake the defense thereof, you shall have the right to defend the Claim with counsel reasonably acceptable to the Guild, subject to the right of the Guild to assume, at its sole cost and expense, the defense of any Claim at any time prior to the settlement or final determination thereof.
9. Internet Security. The Guild uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. the Guild will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that the Guild shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of any Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks, and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be advised that we do not guarantee that any information sent from our Site will be secure during transmission, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to the Guild via the Site or the Internet, including, for example, personal information such as your name or address.
10. Complaint Procedures. If you believe that any content or postings on this Site violates your intellectual property or other rights, please notify the Guild by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a comprehensive detailed message setting forth the following information: (a) your name and the name of your company, if any; (b) your contact information, including your email address; (c) the nature and substance of your complaint, the specific rights at issue, and your basis for making the complaint, including the content or posting that is objectionable; and (d) the following statement: “The statements, representations, and assertions made in this message are true, complete, and accurate and I have the full legal authority to make each and every such statement, representation, and assertion and to make and be granted any demand made in this message.”
11. Changes to these Terms; Termination. The Guild reserves the right at any time to modify, alter, or update these Terms. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. Any change to these Terms shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the Site before the change to learn of changes to the Terms since their last visit. The Guild may suspend or terminate your account and/or your ability to use the Site, or any services on the Site, for failure to comply with these Terms, for providing the Guild with untrue or inaccurate information about yourself, for infringement upon the Guild proprietary rights, or for any other reason whatsoever or for no reason.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and the Guild with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior and contemporaneous written and oral representations, understandings, and agreements, express and/or implied, and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law provisions. By accessing, viewing, or using the services, works, content, or materials on the Site, you consent and agree to (a) the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Suffolk County, New York; (b) accept service of process by personal delivery or mail; and (c) irrevocably waive the right to trial by jury and any jurisdictional and venue defenses otherwise available.
13. Miscellaneous. The Site is controlled and operated from within the United States. Without limiting anything else, the Guild makes no representation that the Site, Site Materials, services, products, information or other materials available on, in, or through the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where they are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. The waiver or failure of the Guild to exercise in any respect any right provided hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of such right in the future or a waiver of any of other rights established under these Terms. Headings used in these Terms are for reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms. No person or entity not party to this agreement will be deemed to be a third party beneficiary of these Terms or any provision hereof. When used herein, the words “includes” and “including” and their syntactical variations shall be deemed followed by the words “without limitation.”
Adopted by the Board of Directors on March 12, 2019